[fullwidth background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ enable_mobile=”no” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding_top=”20″ padding_bottom=”20″ padding_left=”0″ padding_right=”0″ hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][fusion_text]TMTA Publication Contest
Entry Deadline: December 15, 2014 (postmark)
Entry fee: $12.00
Application available on SAMTA website
- This Student Affiliate activity is for grades 1-Post 12.
- There is no theory requirement for this competition.
- Any number of articles may be submitted. Teachers entering more than one student are urged to have students write on different topics, if possible.
- The topics are purposefully broad to allow the student journalist freedom of perspective.
- The list of topics is available on the SAMTA website at www.mig.ribice.xyz.
- The articles should be written so that others of the same age will be able to read them.
Submittal of essays
- All articles should be submitted to the local chairperson postmarked no later than December 15, 2014.
- Each student should keep his original article or a copy, since winning articles become a part of the permanent SA collection.
- All essays should be typed (by student, parent, teacher, etc.), single-spaced, using Times New Roman 12-point type for ease of judging.
- All essays should include a bibliography and discography, citing the sources of information used in the paper.
- Students should take care to avoid plagiarism by rephrasing information from their sources. Quotations are acceptable, but should be short and clearly cited as to author and source.
- Student’s name should not appear on the essay itself, nor should a cover sheet be used. The essay should not be in a folder of any kind.
- Stay within the minimum/maximum word guidelines, and there should be no illustrations or borders.
- Each article must be accompanied by the entry form found on the SAMTA website at www.mig.ribice.xyz or from the chair.
- Also send a signed photo release form available on the SAMTA website or from the chair.
- Each article must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee. All divisions are $12.00. Please send all entry fees in a single check, made out to SAMTA-SA.