TMTA Local Performance Contest
Peter Steigerwald, chair
Local Contest date: Saturday, March 14, 2015
Location: Musical Arts Center of San Antonio
12732 Cimarron Path, 78249
Entry Deadline: January 31, 2015
Local Entry Fee: $20 (Grades 7-12)
$25 (post-12 Young Artist)
Make one check payable to SAMTA.
Additional fees will be paid if advancing to district level
All forms are available online through the TMTA website.
Go to www.tmta.org and click on forms. Scroll down to Performance Contest and click on the Local Association Application.
Teachers will also need to complete the repertoire list. Photocopies of the first page of each piece must be sent to the chair or scanned and emailed to the chair by the due date.
Finally, teachers must email the local chair a jpeg photo of each student with their application.It is the teacher’s responsibility to see that all applications are complete by the deadline. (Application, repertoire list, first pages and jpeg).
Applicants with incomplete files will not be allowed to compete. As stated in the TMTA guidelines, please do not allow students to contact the chair.
As enforced at the semi-final and final levels, all teachers of competing students will be required to assist with monitoring and timekeeping duties at the local level.
- Applications must be filled out by the teacher, not a parent or student. Applications submitted by parents or students will be returned.
- In addition to the online form, applications are not complete until the first pages and jpeg are received.
- Please send only one check, payable to SAMTA, for the total number of students entered. Checks must be from teachers only. Checks from parents of entrants or entrants will be returned to the teacher.
- Information regarding eligibility, time limits, and rules for the local, semi-finals, and finals contests can be found in the TMTA Student Affiliate Handbook available online at www.tmta.org.
- Announced winners of each division will be required to pay another contestant fee payable to SAMTA on the day of the local contest. At the conclusion of each division, the local contest Chair will collect this fee to register the contestant for the next level of the contest. It is the teacher’s responsibility to inform potential winners of this extra fee.
- Send entries to:
Local Contest Chair
108 Casita Cove
San Marcos, TX 78666
If you have any questions, please call Peter Steigerwald at (830) 279-8557